Sunday 15 June 2014

Water

I am water. 
Flowing in a river downstream. 
Following the path that I fall upon. 
Through the cracks and crevices. 
Trying desperately to return. 
To return to the ocean. 
To join the other. 
To never be alone again.

I am water. 
Streaming along the path others has taken before. 
Along the path others has set upon me. 
To follow and to never deviate. 
Or break free and got lost. 
Lost away from home.

I am water. 
Thrusts and turns and fall painfully. 
Choked yet I still flow. 
Breaks yet I still run. 
To reach the ocean full of others.

I am water. 
Finally reaching the estuary. 
Finally joining the other. 
Finally free from isolation.

I am water.
In the ocean.
Along the current.
Where they want me to be.
Fitting in. 
Here, I am the same.
Here, I do not stand out.
Here, I am indifferent.

I am water.
And I have never been so alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment